We are Gabriel and Jaci Van Wyhe – a husband and wife photography team based in the Seattle/Tacoma area. Simply, we love to capture the most precious moments of life and love in images that will communicate the unique story of each of our clients.
For our couples getting married – we want to be more than “just the photographer” at their weddings – we want to get to know each of our couples, to help them plan out the schedules and details, and to be a support to them on their wedding day. We want to celebrate the wedding day with our couples. Our goal is to give each of our couples the images that will bring them back to the beauty, passion, joy and fun of their wedding day over and over again. We are capturing life and creating art together and there should always be joy in that.
If you would like our price and package book sent to you as a PDF, let us know on the contact page and we will email that to you.
Please contact us. We would love to meet with you, get to know you and see if we would be a great fit for capturing your photography story.
Some Useful and Important Information About Us:
* We use Nikon Professional grade equipment. We always have back up equipment at every wedding we shoot.
* We have shot nearly 200 weddings and countless engagements, senior portraits, families, and other shoots.
* We have shot weddings all around the country. We would love to talk to you about shooting your destination wedding as well!
* We have full equipment insurance and 2 million dollars in liability insurance to cover each event we shoot and to meet the insurance requirements for venues.
* We belong to the professional associations Nikon Professional Services (NPS) and Professional Photographers Association (PPA).
* We have been featured on blogs and in magazines including Seattle Met Bride & Groom Magazine, Seattle Bride Magazine, South Sound Wedding Magazine, MSN Online, Style Me Pretty, Elegant Affairs, and Borrowed & Blue Wedding Blog.
* We have three children, have been married for over 10 years, we love Jesus, and we love being photographers!
We believe that a client and photographer must be a great fit in personality and style. We believe that choosing your photographer is more than checking off another item in the list of to-dos for your wedding or event. When the fit between a client and photographer is right, smiles are bigger, eyes are brighter and the day brings more joy! We want each of our clients to know that they have a photographer who is right for them and will work hard for them- bringing more than just a camera to their shoot.
We take the time to sit down with each of our couples and help put together a schedule for the wedding day and talk through many of the detail that too often get overlooked. We’ve been to many weddings and have seen a lot of things that work and a lot that doesn’t. We have also seen what points of planning are missed, even by many wedding planner and coordinators. Sharing our experience and helping to make the wedding day as relaxing and fun as possible for each of our couples is our goal.
Finally, our philosophy is really about honesty and art. We’re not interested in trying to convince our clients to hire us based on exaggerated claims and maneuvering – we want to be the right choice for their styles and personalities. We want the images we create for our clients to be something they will love and treasure for a life time.
To protect our clients and ourselves, all weddings, events and photography sessions are booked on a first-come first-served basis. A contract and deposit are required to reserve the date of any wedding or session.
All retainers and fees are non-refundable. There are no refunds or re-shoots for photographic services. All sales are final.
For all weddings, retainers are 50% of the total package price and the final balance is due one weeks prior to the event.
For more details on all policies and legal agreements please see your event contract or contact Gabriel Van Wyhe with any questions.